Y'all, I love a good flavored coffee. With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, I have been searching for a coffee recipe with a bit of the kick in it! After making my kitchen look like a mad scientist was having a fiesta, I have found a winning combination of spices and coffee.
I have a reputation for abusing cayenne pepper. At one point my husband hid it from me. So, I was very skeptical and cautious when I added in cayenne pepper. Y'all use your won discretion, add a little first. Like my Grandmom always said.
"You can always add spice to your casserole but it is really hard to dig it out!"
Y'all try it out this recipe and let me know what you think! This recipe can be served iced or hot!
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (If y'all want some spice)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups chilled Heritage Roast Coffee
- Half and Half
- Sift your sugar, cocoa, and seasonings together. (remember Grandmom's advice)
- Combine 1/2 Cup cocoa mix with 1/2 cup water. Heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds until sugar mix dissolves into water. Chill.
- Stir cocoa 'syrup' into two cups cold coffee.
- Serve over ice with milk
(This is also good hot! follow the same steps but instead of chilling the coffee and syrup just combine it all together freshly brewed)
We reccomend using our Heritage Roast for this recipe. The bold and smoky flavor of our premium blend pairs well with the sweetness of the homemade coffee syrup. Click on the image to take advantage of our BUY 2 GET 1 FREE PROMO!